Tuesday, November 23, 2010

About: oO

Hello, My Name is ...Olivier Ozoux

I just joined the group, and I thought I should introduce myself, so there it is. My usual introduction/bio goes something like this:
Working in the Film Visual Effects, Animation and Game industries since 1989, I'm left handed and currently live and work in Los Angeles with my wife and our two robot dogs. I'm also the Director of Technology at Meemle, a company specializing in mobile applications for iPhone, Android and BlackBerry.

When I'm not working, I carry around a black sketchbook with rounded corners, an elastic closure and a handy inner pocket. You can see some of my work on Flickr.

Although I have to admit that I like watercolors and I really can't stand landscape format sketchbooks (why is it that every single sketchbook manufacturer is obsessed with the idea that all watercolorists want to do is paint landscapes?!?), so I have a bit of a love/hate relationships with Moleskines.

Their watercolor sketchbook has very nice paper but is in the wrong format, and I find that all their other sketchbook have paper that don't really agree with watercolors, or any kind of wet, messy media.

So the first thing I did when I received my Moleskine Japanese Pocket Sketchbook is to rip it apart and rebuilt it with watercolor paper (Papier D'Arches, cold pressed, 180gsm) but if you miss the old paper, feel free to "multi-media" some in place when you get my sketchbook...

This being said I'm really excited to join this group, and I'm starting to prime my little sketchbook before sending it on it's way.

8 comments:

二月niji said...

hello-oO fellow Californian! pleased to meet you :)
My left-handed book is just perfect for you then(or maybe it won't make any difference at all). And I'd be glad to see about your re-constructed Japanese fold too. Pretty cool how we come up with some quirkiness to add to each of our books.

benconservato said...

nice to meet you too, officially.
I look forward to your moleskine refurbishment. There is a portrait party moleskine where they have gone lengthways... I thought it was a cool idea.

Everyone happy with the order?

Jan Allsopp said...

Nice to meet you too. I'm looking to your arches paper moly!

Sam said...

Hi gang! Sounds like it's going full steam ahead which is great!

I was wondering if someone could tell me how I de-activate myself from the email notification of posts to this site?

Many thanks.

benconservato said...

I'll fix that Sam, this will be the last one you get.

barbaraluel said...

Wellllllllllllll I will be delighted to paint on your Arches Moleskine and I am VERY curious to receive it and see how you made it and make one like that myself :-D
barbara

Anonymous said...

I agree with your comment on landscapes . . I'm not interested in doing them, but SOMETHING.. a jiminy cricket . . keeps telling me I SHOULD

Unknown said...

Thanks for the introduction. Looking forward to seeing your work.

EWian