Tuesday, November 23, 2010

(a tiny step forward) niniji's work in progress.



that's right! I am starting from the right end of my notebook to make this a lefty Moleskine. (even though I am not left-handed.) This is going to be the body of my main piece called "Wish". I still need to figure out what to use for color (not sure what looks good on this type of paper yet). Meanwhile, I am also wishing for a lot of fun interactions to happen in my book so I will spend the next couple weeks trying my best to set a stage for it (but whatever you do, please do not fill in those empty Daruma eyes for me ^^).
the story about Daruma's eyes.

Nevermind my Asian-ness(LOL~). My book does not have a theme.
It is going to be a themeless, left-handed Moleskine. Yey...





6 comments:

benconservato said...

Lovely, lovely start, I haven't yet been presented with a left-handed moleskine, even though I am also left-handed (pesky smudging going on all the time).
New starts are always exciting.

Jan Allsopp said...

Looks like it will be a very interesting book to work in!

oO said...

Ha ha! Nice idea to have a left-handed moleskine!

Although you could have flipped the sketchbook upside-down so the page is anchored on the right and still start at the beginning of the book instead of the end... ;-)

I'm left handed as well so I'm looking forward to your book!

二月niji said...

@benconservato & Jan Allsopp :
thank you thank you ^^

@oO:
hmm... that is a very good idea. it would have been a left-handed, UP-SIDE-DOWN book, then. Would've been a pretty cool salute to our antipodean friends eh? Too late though, I'm already half-way into finishing up my part. (p.s.: please check your flickr mail.)

emon xie said...

So much energy, wonderful!
e

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing the history about the eyes of Daruma, there is always so much fun to learn new things. Looking forward to seeing your art work.

EWian